Sunday, February 14, 2010

Today is Valentine's Day.

When you are single you hate this day. when you have someone to love and share it with you love this day. It's funny isn't it?

We are not doing much this Valentine's day. Just laying low. We swapped cards and a few tears and words from our hearts, but that's about it. We seemed to have played all holidays easy this time around with the baby on it's way. We are 15 days and counting..(we think) but we just wanted to keep everything low.

We are not really big fans of this holiday either. Over rated and climbing cost of Valentine cards is CRAZY. But romantic dinners out. We do that anyway. We have a great marriage that to us it is Valentine's day all the time.....BLAHHH, I know sounds Corny, but you know what. We have been together for eight years, married for seven and we are STILL deeply in love with each other. In love and love each other. We just are. So many other people struggle with their relationship. I have no idea what that is like. I could not see myself married to another man. it's that simple. I look at past boyfriends and my brow sweats thinking about what a train wreck my life could have been. God gave me the right partner, the right lover, the right husband to be with. Sure somethings are hard, but with the love and respect that we have for each other, it is Valentine's day all the time for us.

We can't help it. We just feel so strongly about one another. I hope other people feel that way too. So with the celebration of LOVE...it's all in your heart. It's all about how you feel. You can harbor all the bad and never care to see the good, and then hate the love, or you can look and see ALL the good and work through the bad and find all the love that has been intended for you and your partner.

Keep in mind there are a lot of people out here who NEVER feel love. Ever. for various reasons, but they will or have never experienced it. SHAME. I think we are all entitled to have those butterfly feelings and the warmth in our hearts.

So it's Valentine's day. To some it's a wonderful perfect holiday, to others it's a day that just down right sucks. But to me and my husband...it really is just another day to say.."I love you." and mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment