Thursday, February 18, 2010

Boppy and a Belly Cast.

There are two things I have wanted in this pregnancy.....

1.A boppy pillow.
You know those pillows that are like half moons and they kind of wrap around your waist and help with the baby when breast feeding? Yeah. It can be used for other things for caring for the baby, but when I first saw them YEARS ago I thought they were the coolest things. I don't know why....

The other thing....
2. A belly cast.....
I think these things are THE coolest memory to have. Making a mold of your pregnant belly, (and boobs) how cool. They sell these kits out there for something like 35-60$..crazy, or you can just buy the stuff at Michael's with their coupons, for much cheaper. ( that's what I did thanks to a friend tipping me off)

The boppy was fun to pick out. In fact, when I found out I was pregnant mom and I took a drive up to Babies R Us and shopped a little bit. The Boppy was the first thing I bought with two slip covers. I was so happy. Again I have n reason why I like this pillow. So time goes on and I won another boppy in a magazine contest, so that made two. Okay this is good. It's good to have two of them for some reason right? why not. Then I also got another for my baby sower from a friend. I loved it. Much prettier than the other two I have.
I didn't want to return any of them. I have a feeling that they all will be used and used well. So I gave the one I got from my shower to my mom. That one has green and yellow pretty colors and it's mom's colors at her house. I told her that she will use it when we get to the point her bottle feeding Joey and it will be good for her to use when he needs "tummy time play" and stuff. She didn't understand the use of the pillow until she went to an infant care class with me and the teacher of he class raved about the pillow. Then it all came together for mom with the pillow. I kept the other two pillows. One in my bedroom and one for the living room. Just easier I guess. You know but Love these pillows.

Now the cool idea of belly casting. First off, I have written before what a wonderful journey being pregnant has been. Yup. I have loved it and have been blessed. Even now what I really can't do very much at all, but rest and eat. (My son is currently 8 pounds inside me and will be making his debut into the world next week). I have not taken many pictures of my growing belly and documented much, just this blog, but the one thing I have also wanted was a belly cast. SO I was planning to have this ladies night and have women friends over to cast my belly, but it did not pan out, so Dan and I did it the other night.

We had sooooo much fun working with the plaster of paris and decided that if Joey ever has to do a project with that stuff he will not be in school that week. WHAT A MESS. but all in all, it was so cool casting my boobs and belly. (i will post a photo soon). It is still drying on the lanai, and what will er do with is after. Who knows. Put it in a closet, maybe display it, use it as a chip and dip bowl...not sure, But I have one. It helped me understand what my belly looks like. I see it each day in the mirror, but that's different. I now have a great memory of how wonderful I have felt being pregnant. I have a wonderful memory of how big my belly got during this time. I have a wonderful memory of my son inside me. SOOOO happy.

So that's about it. I know odd and simple, but special and happy. It's all it takes.
A boppy and a belly cast....

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite posts!!!! I meant to ask about the belly cast...now I know! I love you and I love the excitement I hear in your voice when I read this blog post. You are an awesome Mommy - I'm so thankful that God has given you the chance to be pregnant. It's an incredible gift, as is little (well, not really little) Joey Scott. Can't wait to hold him Friday!!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete