Friday, February 19, 2010

One Week...

Well, for those of you who do read this and are not on Face book, My son Joey will be born on Friday February 26th 2010.

That is exactly one week from this moment.

I went to the Dr.s the other day and had an ultra sound and Bonnie the tech measured my little big man and said, "right now, he is 8 pounds."
"well, THAT explains everything." I said.

Dr. K asked me if I was ready to have this kid, and I said nodded my head. So we scheduled a date and he is on vacation, but will be back to deliver my son...LOVE that about my Jewish Mohel doctor. He doesn't muck around.

I am ready I think. I am looking forward to meeting my son and becoming a family. I am looking forward to getting home from the hospital and settling in with this baby and having him meet the dog and starting out the four of us. I am looking forward to having Dan home with me and experiencing the true unknown with him. I have no idea what I am getting into but, I can't wait to get in to it.

I have now been out of work for 20 days and I have enjoyed the rest time. The edema has left my feet, but blood pressure is good and my focus is great. Miles is by my side all the time taking care of me when Dan is at work and I do not miss the hotel at all...just a few peeps and that's it.
But you know. Even when I was there, it really made no difference. My focus has always been my personal life, my family and that has always been so much more important than work.

In one week I will be starting a new job. I will be adding MOM to my resume. I can honestly say I am thrilled about it and I am sure it will be hard and it will suck at times and I know my life will change forever... but I think it will also be so joyous and fun and happy and we will laugh just as much as cry and just as much as argue.....Dan wants to be Papa, and I want to be mom or mommy. I don't care.

My son Joseph Scott Williams will be born in one week. ONE FRIGGIN' week.
OMG!

I'm gonna be a mom in one week.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS again -- Friday will begin a wonderful yet challenging new chapter in your lives. I'm sure you will be a great Mom and you will love everything Motherhood has to offer. The feeling of holding that little guy in your arms for the first time is amazing - be sure to soak in every minute because it will all go so fast. The really crazy part of the whole journey is that once you let Mother Nature "take the wheel" sort of speak - your natural instincts will just kick into action. I wasn't even sure how to hold a baby and before you know it you won't even remember what life was like without the little guy. It's really incredible. Good luck on Friday! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! Christine

    ReplyDelete