Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Transformation

My husband said to me tonight that I do pregnant very well. I smiled and hugged him.
I have to say I think he is correct. I do not mean to gloat, but the pregnant walk that I am on has been a beautiful one. It has been extremely easy for me. I have no idea why I was chosen to have such an easy pregnancy, but so far so good. I am comfy and happy and seeing the hearts of the people I love come to love this unborn child is amazing. Last week my brother in law almost squealed when he saw my belly popping out. He was so excited. Even people at work. It's funny.

I think that if this pregnancy happened any time before this it most likely would not be the way it is now. But it's all the right time and I have to say, I am so glad this has happened now and not sooner and not later. This time in our marriage in my life seems to be the right time for our son to be born. We cannot be happier and Dan and I say every day to each other, how excited we are to meet our son Joey.

So according to the calender I am 23 weeks along in being pregnant. I have officially started my six month and this blows me away. I cannot believe it. ALREADY. So it's all moving so fast. There is so much to think about and what to do. Physically I am experiencing changes in my body that is so funny. The belly has popped and now I can rest my hands on it like a shelf. Just my hands, I cant eat a bowl of cereal off it yet, but I am sure that day will come soon. Getting comfy in bed is a challenge, but I cannot wipe the smile off my face. My heart is so happy, yet I cannot tolerate being around people. I have no tolerance for ignorant guests at the hotel. I cant stand incompetence, which I am faced with on a daily basis and people who do not do their job just should not have even bothered showing up for work. I cry at the drop of a dime at a TV commercial or a blow 'em up shoot 'em up movie and I have no ankles. My weight gain is great. I have only packed on 17 pounds since I found out I was pregnant. The funniest thing is though I have no craving right now. I have gone through the past few weeks with so much indecisiveness for food, that my poor husband just needs to call the shots on supper because I have no wan for anything.

Is this what it is suppose to be like? I mean I will eat? Sure, but when you ask what I would like....do me a favor and don't even ask. Nothing comes to mind.

The transformation is beginning....We have quite a bit more calender year left before our little boy arrives to our home. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and then our anniversary and then the Christmas holidays, new years and a bit more. The baby will have the spare bedroom as his haven. Tomorrow we will move the computer and printer into our room, and in a few weeks Dan's dad will be with us for a visit. We will then start working on the room once he leaves. You know the basic, blue walls, white trim, blue bedding, white crib. Boy stuff, Sports and Pirates and Dogs and stuff. I don't know. All I know is that I am sure the time will fly by and the next thing I know we will be walking into the hospital as husband and wife and a few hours later have a son. When we arrive home with him, Miles will greet us curiously and we will start our life as a family of four. Little by little, my closet is filling with baby stuff and baby clothes. People from work have given us so many things for the baby. Car seats, swings, clothes, toys, books, blankets all kinds of stuff, and I can't even think about what we need for him. The thought of interviewing the doctors is crazy...and so much more. Luckily I have been able to talk to a few people who have given me so much insight to how to approach things and what to think about. These women have just laid the foundation out for me and I can take or leave what they have said. Dan and I have to figure it all out on our own. It's kinda fun. We talk all the time about how we would like Joey to grow up and how we are looking to 'Parent" him and not "Befriend" him. (big difference).

With this transformation sometimes I get stuck. Sometimes I just cannot think about it and sometimes I just have to bury myself in a book or a puzzle to take me out of this journey. But as I said before, it's a walk that has been handed to me, to us with grace and love, unconditional love and each day I am thankful for the gift of little kicks and punches that I feel inside me...OOOO... Dan got to feel Joey kick the other night...he was so excited and naturally I cried, but to have this happen to us now....to transform us now...to be loved now....to love now...to be healed now....this is where it is all beginning for us, for me, for my family, and for my husband... It's all of our transformation, not just mine. I can't really sum it up either, it's just there and it's a good thing, this transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment